What is a varnish base? The answer is simple: it is a product applied to the nails before colored varnish. This liquid is generally transparent or semi-transparent. Its main role is to prepare the nail surface for better adhesion of the nail polish that comes next.
Unlike the top coat, which is applied after the polish to give it a smooth, shiny finish, the use of the base coat is used to prepare the manicure. Next, the nail supply expert Maryton will tell you how to apply base coat.
Here are the steps to follow to use a varnish base correctly in the manicure process:
- Prepare nails by cleaning, filing and pushing back cuticles. It is also possible to sand the surface of the nail if necessary to remove streaks.
- Apply a thin layer of base coat to each nail without using too much.
- Cure under UV/LED lamp for at least 30 seconds before applying colored polish.
- Once the base coat is dry, apply the colored nail polish and cure again.
- Finally, don’t forget what the top coat is for: it adds a protective layer to seal the manicure while giving it a shiny and long-lasting finish.
The nail polish base is a key element for a successful and long-lasting manicure. It protects, strengthens and prepares the nails while increasing the life of the manicure. In addition, I also advise you to invest in some professional manicure sets to care for your nails.
Read also: In What Case Do You Use A Nail Drill?