The manicure that I just had done not long ago suddenly broke. Why? What measures can be taken to prevent nail breakage? Today, the nail supply expert Maryton will tell you why do nails break.
– If the nail is broken lengthwise, this is most likely due to the tool used to cut the capsule. You must use a suitable foil cutter.
– If the nail is broken flush with the natural nail, 3 reasons can explain this:
- The size of the capsule has been chosen incorrectly.
- The breakpoints have been cleared too much.
- Recovery has been insufficient.
– Finally, in the majority of cases, the breakage is due to an unsuitable nail length and “lengthening”.
A rule must be respected: the length of the nail obtained must never exceed twice the initial length of the natural nail. In addition, I also advise you to invest in a complete professional manicure set to care for your nails!
Read also: Why do nails peel off?