ICYMI: Greenery, “a fresh and zesty yellow-green shade,” has just been announced as Pantone’s 2017 Color of the Year. Yes, you heard right, Kermit green is officially on our radar in a major way (we have a feeling Miss Piggy will be none too pleased). If you ask us, the timing couldn’t be more perfect. Before a case of the winter doldrums has a chance to set in, don’t hesitate to reach for this restorative hue that’s meant to evoke the onset of spring, fresh beginnings and the great outdoors. Described as a “trans-seasonal shade,” Greenery can be worn on its own or juxtaposed with a slew of neutrals, fluorescents and deep shades for no shortage of sartorial possibilities this season. Ahead, we’ve compiled 10 double-tap-worthy, Greenery-inspired style picks that are more than deserving of a spot in your colorful capsule wardrobe.
1. Scotch & Soda Metallic Trousers ($135): When Greenery goes glam, these high-shine acid green metallic trousers will have you seconds away from a party-ready getup. Play up the contrast with a satin fuchsia blouse or chartreuse heels for the ultimate statement.
2. Zara Green Faux Fur Coat ($189): Run, don’t walk, to snatch up this luxe green faux fur coat womens that won’t be in stock for long. Once word gets around that Greenery is the It hue to be sporting in 2017, it’ll be flying off the racks before you can say “add to basket.” Beware of any Grinch references by spreading the fa-la-las and opting for ethereal winter whites.
3. Miss Selfridge High Neck Ruffle Dress ($82): Meet Greenery’s BFF, chartreuse. This mood-enhancing hue is close enough in the color family to be considered right on trend for spring. Gear up for any remaining holiday shindigs by styling this high-neck celery green ruffle dress with a plush red Santa hat for a hint of holiday cheer.
4. Forever 21 Chevron Stripe Cargo Jacket ($60): Off-duty has never looked so good. This relaxed-fit olive cargo jacket, complete with military-inspired chevron patches, is begging to be teamed with black distressed jeans and alternative moto boots.
5. ASOS Oversized Wrap Blouse With Dip Hem ($49): A dusty green wrap blouse with wear-everywhere appeal? We’re so down. Proceed to style this effortless top with high-performance leggings and tennies for a low-key weekend before dressing it up for the workweek with black slacks and d’Orsay flats.
6. Topshop Mesh Contrast Skater Dress ($92): When Greenery reads too bright, opt for a cool khaki hue that demands attention. This timeless fit-and-flare skater dress with mesh panels is not only universally flattering, but it’s guaranteed to turn heads this spring. Though, don’t be mistaken — it can be styled RN with an oversized parka, tights and suede ankle booties for a dialed-down look.
7. Rosie Neira Wrapped Fringe Sweater Skirt ($118): Greenery can understandably be a smidge bright in the dead of winter, when you’re set on wearing only neutrals. This subdued (yet still captivating) olive green fringe skirt will lend itself well to your arsenal of cream-colored fisherman sweaters and blush pink toppers.
8. Anthropologie Asymmetrical Ruffle Top ($58): Party right with this playful asymmetrical ruffle top that will look just as good with black culottes in the winter as a silk ivory maxi during the summer months. Style with chandelier earrings for an elevated look.
9. Front Row Shop Woodbine Wool Slouch Longline Coat ($256): Channel a military vibe this winter/spring with this gorgeous pea green long coat for women that calls for Doc Martens and a slouchy black beanie. The DGAF ‘tude will follow.
10. Party Skirts Palm Springs Lady Length Skirt ($127): As you begin pondering whether to plan a mid-winter getaway, we have the perfect Jamaica-bound skirt for you. This ladylike palm leaf printed skirt featuring our new fave hue of the season will make you want to reach for an itty-bitty bikini top and lace-up sandals.
Will you be incorporating Greenery into your spring 2017 wardrobe?